ON CONDITIONS OF ADMISSION TO POSTGRADUATE STUDIES
Persons who have obtained a master’s degree (specialist) are admitted to postgraduate studies on a competitive basis. Persons who have submitted all the necessary documents for admission in accordance with the rules of admission to the University are admitted to the entrance examinations. The Admissions Committee may deny a person admission to the entrance examinations to graduate school only in connection with the failure to submit within the prescribed period of documents specified in the rules of admission.
Documents for the competition in graduate school 20 21 was held
on 17 May 20 21 until 25 June 20 21
from 09 .00 to 10 .00 and from 14.00 to 17.00 (room 247 – 1 building)
In order to optimize the procedure for submitting documents and reduce time, a schedule for submitting documents is proposed, namely: *
17.05.21- 20.05.21– IEE;
* if necessary, in some cases, you can submit documents on any working day from 17.05.2021. по 25.06.2021 р.
List of documents submitted for admission to graduate school:
- the application for admission to graduate school is submitted to the name of the rector (the application form is placed in the section “Documents and references”);
- questionnaire (the form is in the section “Documents and links”);
- a copy of the document (one of the documents) certifying the person provided by the Law of Ukraine “On the Unified State Demographic Register and documents confirming the citizenship of Ukraine, certifying the person or his special status”;
- a copy of the military registration document (conscripts have a military card or a temporary certificate, and conscripts have a certificate of enlistment in conscription stations);
- a copy of the document (state standard) on the previously obtained educational degree (educational qualification level), on the basis of which the admission is made, and an appendix to it;
- four color photographs measuring 3 x 4 cm;
- a copy of the registration number of the taxpayer’s account card (if the entrant applies for a scholarship during training);
- extract from the minutes of the meeting of the Academic Council of the faculty / institute on the recommendation for admission to graduate school (if available) (the form is in the section “Documents and references”);
- a list of published scientific works and inventions, certified by the head of the department to which admission is planned. In the list, select publications in professional journals and in publications that are included in the scientometric databases Scopus or Web of Science (the form is in the section “Documents and references”).
All copies of documents are certified by the Department of Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies of KPI. Igor Sikorsky.
Copies of an identity document and a military ID card are not subject to certification. Copies of documents without presentation of originals are not accepted.
When submitting an application in paper form, the entrant personally presents the originals:
– a document (one of the documents) certifying the person provided by the Law of Ukraine “On the Unified State Demographic Register and documents confirming the citizenship of Ukraine, certifying the person or his special status”;
– military registration document (conscripts have a military card or temporary certificate, and conscripts have a certificate of enlistment in conscription stations);
– a document (state standard) on the previously obtained educational degree (educational qualification level), on the basis of which the entry is made, and an appendix to it;
If for objective reasons there is no document on the obtained educational degree (educational qualification level), a certificate of the state enterprise “Inforesource” or an extract from the Register of documents on education EDEBO on its acquisition may be submitted, including without submitting an appendix to the document on the obtained educational degree. (education level.
In the absence, for objective reasons, of an appendix to the document on the obtained educational degree (educational qualification level), its average score is considered to correspond to the minimum possible value.
When admitting persons who submit a document on the degree (level) of education obtained abroad (hereinafter – the Document), the procedure for recognition and establishment of equivalence of the Document is mandatory, which is carried out in accordance with the order of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine №504 “Some issues of recognition in Ukraine of foreign educational documents”, registered with the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine on May 27, 2015 under № 614/27059.
Acceptance of applications and documents, entrance examinations, competitive selection and enrollment of candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy on the basis of a master’s degree (educational and qualification level of a specialist) is carried out in the following terms *:
|Start accepting applications and documents||May 17, 2021|
|Completion of applications and documents||June 25, 2021|
|Terms of entrance examinations||August 26, 2021 – September 7, 2021|
|Deadline for publication of the rating list of entrants with indication of recommended for enrollment in public procurement places||September 09, 2021|
|Expiration of the term of fulfillment by the entrants of the requirements for enrollment in the places of the state order||September 14, 2021|
|Promulgation of the order on enrollment of entrants in places of the state order||no later than September 15, 2021|
|Expiration of the term of fulfillment of the requirements for enrollment by entrants participating in the competitive selection to places financed at the expense of individuals and / or legal entities||September 15, 2021|
|Promulgation of the order on enrollment of entrants in places financed by individuals and / or legal entities||no later than September 22, 2021|
* in case of vacancies, by the decision of the Admissions Committee, the terms may be extended.
Persons who have submitted all the necessary documents for admission in accordance with the established deadlines are admitted to the entrance examinations for obtaining the degree of Doctor of Philosophy.
Entrance examinations for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy are conducted in accordance with the Regulations on entrance examinations to KPI. Igor Sikorsky.
Entrants are allowed to participate in the entrance examinations in the presence of the original identity document and a pass in the form established by the Admissions Committee.
Entrance examinations for postgraduate studies at the University consist of:
entrance exam in the specialty (in the scope of the program of higher education master’s degree in the relevant specialty);
Additional entrance examinations may be assigned to persons entering postgraduate studies in a field of knowledge (specialty) other than that specified in their master’s degree (specialist). Additional entrance examinations are assessed on a scale of “passed”, “not passed”. An entrant who has received “uncredited” for the entrance examinations is not allowed.
entrance exam in a foreign language (at the choice of the Academic Council of a higher education institution (scientific institution) in the amount corresponding to level B2 of the European Recommendations on Language Education). An entrant who has confirmed his / her level of knowledge, in particular English, with a valid TOEFL test certificate, or International English Language Testing System, or Cambridge English Language Assessment certificate (not lower than level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages or similar), is exempted from taking the entrance exam in a foreign language. When determining the results of the competition, these certificates are equated to the results of the entrance examination in a foreign language with the highest score;
The sequence of entrance exams for graduate school:
additional entrance exam (if necessary), foreign language, specialty.
persons admitted to the entrance examinations to postgraduate studies are granted leave for preparation and passing of examinations in accordance with the current legislation of Ukraine.
Subject commissions are created to conduct entrance examinations on the basis of the obtained master’s degree (specialist). Entrance exams for graduate school are conducted by subject commissions.
Programs of entrance examinations for postgraduate studies are published on the websites of institutes / faculties of KPI named after Igor Sikorsky
The competitive score (KB) of the entrant to postgraduate studies will be formed (on a 200-point scale) according to the formula:
KB = 0.5 × IC + 0.3 × IM + 0.15 × DB + 0.05 × DB, where:
IS – assessment of the entrance exam in the specialty;
IM – assessment of the entrance exam in a foreign language;
DB – additional points for educational and scientific achievements;
DB – the average score of the supplement to the diploma of higher education (on a 200-point scale)
Procedure for accrual of additional points for educational and scientific achievements *
|Educational and scientific achievements||Scores|
|publications in professional publications||10 (each article)|
|publications in publications that are included in the scientometric databases Scopus or Web of Science||30 (each article)|
|diploma of the winner and prize-winner of international and all-Ukrainian student olympiads||first place – 20 second place – 15third place-10|
* 1. Only printed works are taken into account.
- If there are co-authors of a certain work, the number of points is divided by their number.
- Educational and scientific achievements are taken into account only if their subject matter corresponds to the specialty for which the recruitment is conducted (compliance is determined by the subject commissions of faculties / institutes and / or subcommittees for the relevant specialties).
If the total number of additional points for academic and scientific achievements exceeds 200, it is set equal to 200.
The results of the entrance examinations for postgraduate studies are valid for admission to the University for one calendar year.
Re-admission tests are not allowed.
When the entrant fulfills the requirements for enrollment, the entrant submits to the Department of Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies:
– the original document (state standard) on the previously obtained educational degree (educational qualification level), on the basis of which the admission is made, and the appendix to it;
– application addressed to the rector on the appointment of the supervisor (application form is placed in the section “Documents and references”);
– a copy of the military registration document for conscripts (except in cases provided by law) certified by the military mobilization department of KPI. Igor Sikorsky.
6.2. Submission of originals of the necessary documents for enrollment may be made in addition to personal submission, by sending them by mail with a mandatory description of the attachments to the address of the Graduate School of KPI. Igor Sikorsky, specified in the Register of subjects of educational activity of EDEBO. The date of submission of documents is determined by the imprint of the stamp of departure on the postal envelope.
Enrollment in graduate school – from October 1, 2021
The normative term of preparation of the doctor of philosophy in postgraduate study makes four years.
The amount of the full-time graduate student’s scholarship is UAH 6,705. month.
The cost of training candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy,
who entered graduate school in the 2020-2021 academic year
|Years of study||The cost of one year of study, UAH|
The cost of training candidates for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy in the 2021-2022 academic year will be posted later.
Conditions for admission to graduate school of the University of Foreigners and Stateless Persons are determined by a separate annex to the Rules of Admission to KPI. Igor Sikorsky.
Admission to graduate school for foreigners and stateless persons is carried out by the Center for International Education KPI. Igor Sikorsky tel. (044) 204-86-59.
The Department of Power Supply provides postgraduate training in the scientific specialty:
- 141 – Power engineering, electrical engineering and electromechanics
The conditions of admission to graduate school can be found on the website of the Department of Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies KPI . Igor Sikorsko.
Training in postgraduate and doctoral studies is carried out:
1) due to:
- funds from the State Budget of Ukraine – by state order for work in the public sector of the national economy;
- funds of legal entities and individuals – under the terms of the contract – to work in the public and private sectors of the economy;
2) foreigners and stateless persons on the basis of:
- international agreements of Ukraine;
- national programs;
- agreements concluded by higher educational institutions, scientific institutions with legal entities and individuals.
Topics of dissertations (PhD) of graduate students of the department:
|Savchenko AV||Selection of parameters of technical diagnostic systems that determine the reliability of wind turbines||Zaichenko SV|
|KoltsovMikhail Vladimirovich||Electromagnetic complex of liquid purification by focusing contaminants and removing them from the flow||Ph.D., prof. Terentyev OM|
|Lotonova OV||Development of an electrothermomechanical system for preventing the process of paraffin deposition on the walls of an oil well||Assoc. Listener LK|
|Shumsky Eugene Valerievich||Asynchronous generators with valve excitation when working in autonomous power systems||Ph.D., prof. Mazurenko LI|
DIRECTIONS OF RESEARCH
in specialty 141 – Electric power, electrical engineering and electromechanics
for PhD training:
– Ph.D., prof. Shevchuk SP – Electromechanical and mechatronic complexes, research of possibilities of improvement of their parameters and characteristics for the purpose of maintenance of optimum design and more effective and reliable functioning. Autonomous power consumption systems for stationary and moving objects. Reactive power compensation and electromagnetic compatibility of electrical equipment.
– Ph.D., prof. Terentyev OM – Powerful technological and technical complexes and equipment of industrial enterprises. Structures and schemes, improving the quality of technological and technical complexes.
– Ph.D., prof. Zaichenko SV – Experimental, diagnostic and experimental stands for testing electrical and mechatronic complexes. Systems for diagnosing, monitoring and protecting machines and installations of mechatronic complexes.
Contact interaction of working bodies of mechatronic complexes with the processed environment. Geotronic systems.
– Ph.D., prof. Mazurenko LI – Electromachine valve and electrotechnological complexes. Relationship between the characteristics of power sources with the parameters, quality and intensity of electrical processes. Unconventional electromechanical systems.
– Ph.D., Ph.D. Popovich OM – Electromechanical and mechatronic systems. Adjustable electric drive, structures and control systems. Non-traditional electromechanical systems:
Development and optimal design of electromechanical energy conversion systems of high efficiency with asynchronous machines that are structurally and functionally integrated with other components of the system. Electromechanical systems.
Mobile energy-intensive systems of transport and agricultural, mining, processing industries with optimization of frequency of processes and constructive schemes of transmission and conversion of electric energy. Integrated systems of electromechanical conversion of energy of renewable energy. pumps, EMC systems of seasonal heat accumulators of energy).
Constructive and parametric optimization of asynchronous electromechanical energy converters with integration with working mechanisms of technological processes (motor-pump, motor-wheel, motor-reducer, manual percussion tool, etc.).
Development of mathematical and software and design of asynchronous machines for their creation by waste-free stamping technology.
– Ph.D., Assoc. Slidenko VM – Mechatronic, robotic systems. Flexible production complexes with different types of drives. Mathematical and physical modeling of a complex of electromechanical devices in order to ensure optimal design and more efficient operation in various sectors of the economy.
– Ph.D., Assoc. Gorodetsky VG – Digital and analog automation systems of electrical and mechatronic complexes.
Mathematical modeling of electromechanical systems. Direct and inverse problem. Identification of parameters.
Optimization of operating modes of stationary installations. Development of optimal control systems.
– Ph.D., Assoc. Mayta OV – Research, development and optimization of systems of production, transformation, transportation, distribution and use of energy and energy resources.
– Ph.D., Assoc. Listener LK – Unconventional electromechanical systems and complexes using energy storage devices and valve converters.
Topics of defended dissertations: